PEACEFUL CABIN SUITE
A cabin in a snowy meadow, surrounded by trees, is an iconic peaceful scene!
The Peaceful Place Suite features Specialty Designer Series Paper in a soft monochrome style with silver accents and the Peaceful Cabin stamp set is a DistINKtive set, which means it creates detailed, shaded images. You’ll love creating with this set for the holidays and the winter months that follow.
The tutorial below features a diorama-style, that layers down to the focal image, instead of up like most cards we create.
Peaceful Diorama Card
Peaceful Place Diorama Card
1) Cut Thick Basic White cardstock to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score at 4-1/4″ along the 8-1/2″ side.
2) Stamp cabin image on the card front just a bit right of center with Smoky Slate ink. Stamp smoke above the chimney with Smokey Slate ink.
3) Stamp fence with Smoky Slate ink on scrap Basic White cardstock. Die cut with coordinating die.
4) Ink tree images with Pear Pizzazz ink. Use a Sponge Dauber inked with Garden Green to sponge darker ink onto the stamps in a few places. Huff on stamp to re-moisten the ink. Stamp on scrap Basic White cardstock. Repeat and stamp again.
5) Die cut trees with coordinating die. Use Paper Snips to cut the bottom of the trees away from the ground portion of the die cut.
6) Cut Basic Black cardstock and Kraft Paper to 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″. Die cut each with Layering Diorama dies as shown.
7) Emboss the Basic Black and Kraft Paper with the Timber 3D Embossing Folder.
8) Adhere the Kraft layer to the card front. Layer the Basic Black cardstock over the Kraft layer with Foam Adhesive Strips.
9) Layer on trees and fence with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
10) Die cut Pear Pizzazz cardstock with Picture This die.
11) Stamp greeting with VersaMark ink. Cover wet ink generously with Black Stampin’ Emboss Powder. Tap off excess powder. Heat emboss with the Heat Tool.
12) Fold 10″ Black & White Gingham Ribbon in half and adhere to bottom of card front with Mini Glue Dots.
13) Layer greeting over ribbon with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
14) Use Multipurpose Liquid Glue to adhere Subtle Shimmer Sequins to card front.