Welcome to another edition of “5 Ways on Fridays” where you will learn unique and different ways to use a Stampin’ Up! product!
Today we are talking about Fringe Scissors
Certain projects are easier when you have the right tools and this is one of those tools: Every time you squeeze the handles of your fringe scissors together, you are cutting not once, not twice, but FIVE TIMES! Talk about conserving energy 🙂
“What can I do with them besides making grass?” you may be asking yourself. You’ve come to the right place!
1. Fringe scissors make Ombre Fringe cards and tags in a jiffy! For this tag, I used Soft Sky, Pool Party, Coastal Cabana and Island Indigo card stock, along with the new Tag Topper punch:
While you are “fringing”, check out this adorable Fringe Chandelier made by Lauren Elise for the Knotty Bride:
2. Create a crepe paper garland! This tutorial from Yesterday on Tuesday shows a few different styles and hello! This is super fast with your fringe scissors:
3. Flowers or “pom poms” are adorable accents to any project.
Lisa Brown from inkandinspirations shows you how fun and easy these are to make using Stampin’ Up! Crepe Filter Paper:
4. If you cut across your fringe the opposite way, you end up with CONFETTI!
At Stampin’ Up! Leadership last month, Shelli demonstrated how to create a shaker card using the confetti made with fringe scissors: Cut the corner of a clear envelope to the size you need (in this case, just a smidge taller than the photo frame die cut). Stamp image on top of clear envelope with Stazon, then seal the confetti in with a thin strip of sticky strip. Place behind the die cut and voila! Shake away!
5. A strip of fringe from Designer Series Paper or crepe paper is easy to adhere around a curved object like a basket or hat brim:
For these medallions, I just punched two circles and cut in from the edge. I used two because when you cut into the circle, some of the pieces fall off and it’s not perfectly round, so layering them gives the illusion they are still circles 🙂
At just $9.95, these scissors are an awesome addition to your crafting toolbox! Order your Fringe Scissors in my Stampin’ Up! store today and start living on the edge 🙂