Do you ever avoid sending a note to a friend because you think you have to create a artistic masterpiece to carry your thoughts? I’m guilty of this, but I’m working on sending a message or a card *AS THE INSPIRATION HITS ME*
When I saw the sketch challenge on TGIF Challenges today, the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Stack came to mind and I decided to make a simple card for a friend:
Nurturing a friendship takes time and effort and sometimes a quick card to say, “I’m thinking about you” lasts longer than a text or even a phone call. Some things you could include in your card may be a bullet list of 5 things you love about your friend like:
- Thanks for seeing the best in me and others.
- You never let me wallow in self-pity and I appreciate your honesty.
- Of all your features, your curly hair and dimples are what I see when I imagine your lovely face!
- When I’m with you, I know I’m going to laugh heartily and it feels so good!
- Isn’t it great that we can pick up right where we left off even if we haven’t seen each other in years?
My original card was 4.25″ square, but I had another piece of leftover Pool Party card stock, so I made a 3.25″ note card that would be perfect on a gift, too.
Now I’m going to mail it to a friend today because my goal for the year has been to mail a card each day and I’m almost there!