Do you ever avoid sending a note to a friend because you think you have to create a artistic masterpiece to carry your thoughts? I’m guilty of this, but I’m working on sending a message or a card *AS THE INSPIRATION HITS ME*
When I saw the sketch challenge on TGIF Challenges today, the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Stack came to mind and I decided to make a simple card for a friend:
Nurturing a friendship takes time and effort and sometimes a quick card to say, “I’m thinking about you” lasts longer than a text or even a phone call. Some things you could include in your card may be a bullet list of 5 things you love about your friend like:
- Thanks for seeing the best in me and others.
- You never let me wallow in self-pity and I appreciate your honesty.
- Of all your features, your curly hair and dimples are what I see when I imagine your lovely face!
- When I’m with you, I know I’m going to laugh heartily and it feels so good!
- Isn’t it great that we can pick up right where we left off even if we haven’t seen each other in years?
My original card was 4.25″ square, but I had another piece of leftover Pool Party card stock, so I made a 3.25″ note card that would be perfect on a gift, too.
Now I’m going to mail it to a friend today because my goal for the year has been to mail a card each day and I’m almost there!
4 thoughts on “Simple Thoughts for a Friend”
Love these cards! So rustic and pretty!
OH wow, you nailed the sketch. Amazing!
Darling! The wood paper looks great as planks! Thanks for playing along at TGIFC
Love this! The Pool Party and the Wood Textures DSP is so fabulous together! Thank you for playing along with #tgifc117!