Tis the season for Christmas Carols and Christmas Cards! Welcome to our New at SU! November blog hop, we hope you are inspired to stamp holiday cards to bring cheer this holiday season to mailboxes around the world. It’s exactly what the world needs!
This card is a very quick one to make in multiples, and oh, so pretty and festive:
As a former piano teacher, the Merry Melody 3D embossing folder (which features the carol “Joy to the World”) was a MUST have for me, but if you aren’t a musician, you may need to know that there is a right side up:
All this means for you is that after you run it through your Cut & Emboss machine with the embossing folder hinge-first, you’ll need to turn it right side up to put on your card.
A few helpful tips for this card:
- Cherry Cobbler Layer: 5″ x 3-3/4″
- Very Vanilla Layer: 4-3/4″ x 3-1/2″
- 12″ of ribbon – Both the Gold and the Cherry ribbon work, so you can choose your favorite. Just fold it flat in thirds and adhere to the card before your greeting
- Add a little Crumb Cake ink to the edges of your embossed music and to the edges of the Label Me Lovely punch with a sponge dauber OR blending brush BEFORE you stamp the greeting, for Cherry Cobbler ink is notorious for bleeding, thus you’ll want to stamp “Hark” after sponging the edges. I found that using the Stamparatus and a template to set the punched out/sponged piece back into for stamping the greeting was very effective.
- Emboss the flap of your envelope for a WOW! #nonakedenvelopes
I’ll list the supplies needed below for my customers to make it easy to “add to cart” (especially if you are wise enough to order them during the Seasonal Sale going on through November 18th to save on card stock and ink)
…and now it’s time to hop on over to the crafty blizzard happening on Joni’s website, where she’s going to teach you a masking technique!
Happy Holidays! New at SU! Roll Call, November 2021
Creative Juice by Loni: Merry Melody. >>>>> YOU ARE HERE <<<<<