New Year’s Eve is all about the bling, right?
The Simply Elegant Suite is rich in luxurious details and textures that you just have to see in person to really appreciate. The Specialty Designer Series Paper combines the elegance of Basic Black, Basic Gray, and Very Vanilla with the shimmery luster of Gold, Copper, and Silver – it’s simply gorgeous!
Often, stamp and punch combinations are designed to punch out a specific image, but in this case the Elegant Tag Punch works with several images and greetings in the Elegantly Said stamp set. The bonus of this design is that the punch works with lots of other images and greetings from other sets, too!
The tutorial below shows a soft and sweet alternate to the colors highlighted in the Simply Elegant Suite. Here’s to a CRAFTY NEW YEAR!
Simply Elegant Card
|Simply Elegant Card|
1) Cut Petal Pink cardstock to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score at 4-1/4″ along the 8-1/2″ side.
2) Cut Petal Pink cardstock to 3-1/4″ x 5″. Create the look of your own Designer Series Paper by stamping the floral image from the Elegantly Said stamp set all over the cardstock. Start by stamping the image twice, near the center, with Flirty Flamingo ink. Clean the stamp and then stamp around the first two images, using Petal Pink ink, until the cardstock is covered. Rotate the stamp a quarter turn each time to create a varied pattern.
3) Adhere near the left edge of the card front with Stampin’ SEAL. Add gold leaf and berry stalk die cut pieces from the Expressions In Ink Ephemera Pack near the right edge of the layer with Mini Glue Dots or Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
4) Use the Elegant Tag punch to punch Sweet Symmetry Designer Series Paper. Adhere to card overlapping the gold ephemera with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
5) Stamp greeting on 2″ x 1/2″ Mint Macaron cardstock with Mint Macaron ink. Adhere to tag with Stampin’ SEAL or Mini Glue Dots.
6) Use Linen Thread to gently tie a bow around the finial detail on the punch.
#155753 Elegantly Said Bundle
(#155095 Elegantly Said stamp set & #155762 Elegant Tag Punch)
#138337 Mint Macaron, #146985 Petal Pink, #155605 Sweet Symmetry Designer Series Paper
#147052 Flirty Flamingo, #147108 Petal Pink, #147106 Mint Macaron
#151298 Water Painters, #129053 Heat Tool
#103683 Mini Glue Dots, #110755 Multipurpose Liquid Glue, #104430 Stampin’ Dimensionals, #152813 Stampin’ SEAL
#104199 Linen Thread, #155465 Expressions In Ink Ephemera Pack
TIPS: Create your own Designer Series Paper in your choice of colors and patterns using your favorite stamps! This can be done using one or a few coordinating stamps and your choice of one or more ink colors, depending on the look you want to create. Start by stamping your selected image near the center and working out from the center towards the edges until the cardstock is covered. Rotate the stamp a quarter turn each time to create a varied pattern.