A bittersweet day at Stampin’ Up! when the Retirement List is posted: Parting is sweet sorrow for many of my favs (So long, dear stamps…for some, I never used thee!) but the anticipation to fill my shelves with NEW products cheers my heart. I will warn you as you look at the following lists: Everything is available while supplies last (some are already gone!!), so grab your highlighter and mark the ones you must have and ORDER them ASAP!
Here is an appropriate and elegant card I made at a Shoebox Swap during Convention (designed by demonstrator Sharon Fisher?) that showcases a few of the *soon-to-be-retired products:
- Stamps: *Build a Blossom and *Word Play stamp sets
- Ink: Basic Black and Versamark
- Paper: Very Vanilla & Basic Black card stock, First Edition Specialty DSP (121878)
- Accessories: *Blossom Petals punch (121808), Scallop Trim Border Punch (118402), Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder (120175), Big Shot (113439), Heat Tool (129053), Black embossing powder (109133), Dazzling Details glitter (124177), 2-Way Glue Pen (100426) and Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
Helpful Hints for creating a card like this:
1. Ink one side of the embossing folder with Versamark and place DSP inside and run through Big Shot to emboss design. Immediately sprinkle the wet (Versamark) side of the DSP with black embossing powder, shake off excess and heat to set.
2. After stamping, punching and assembling flower, “paint” on petals with 2-Way glue pen and sprinkle on Dazzling Diamonds glitter. Shake off excess.