It seems that weddings, births and deaths comes in clusters. Happily, I am in the midst of weddings and with a daughter that just got engaged last week, there is more to come 🙂
Today I wanted to share the shower my friend Rita and I hosted for our friend Sariah. I shared the invitation I created with My Digital Studio here and we used it for part of the decor:
- A small jar of chocolate chips (our half pint held over 300 chips!)
- Spices (just wrap a paper around the label and let them smell/taste): Basil, Oregano, Pumpkin Pie Spice, etc..
- Wrap a box of band aids or staples and let them shake to see if they can guess the sound
- Put household items into a pillowcase to let them feel them. In one we had kitchen utensils such as a garlic press, salad tongs, vegetable peeler, etc. In another were household items like a calculator, a 9 volt battery, a ratchet screwdriver, etc…
- A jar of paper clips (guess how many)
- A jar of loose change (guess how much $)
- Take the labels off cans (like mandarin oranges and sweetened condensed milk) and see if they can guess what’s inside.