Hard to believe, huh? Yes, we all have the same parents: But while they got the talents and looks (that beautiful dark skin!), I got the…well, I got the…
…okay, I got the great sisters!
They have been life-savers for me throughout my life (my interior designers, fashion consultants, reality-check, manicurists and wedding planners) and while we love each other more than life itself, sometimes we don’t always see eye to eye, which makes me love this quote:
That is the jar. Doesn’t it just bring a smile to your face? I like to think of it as a “Jar of Sunshine” Here’s the top:
Mindi doesn’t fully realize the amount of joy she brings into the lives of others, and I wanted her to get a little taste of what a blessing she has been in my life. And occasionally, the world seems a little dark to her and when she struggles against depression, this jar holds a few ideas of ways to let in the light 🙂
Inside the Sunshine Jar are envelopes with an opportunity to discover JOY:
Joy Jar Recipe:
All from Stampin’ Up! unless indicated by *asterisk. To order supplies to make your own, click HERE.
- Stamps: Feel Goods (Spring Catalog pg 21) and Blue Ribbon (Catalog pg 33)
- Ink: Tangerine Tango
- Paper: Try Summer Smooches Designer Series Paper (item 125409) Card stock: Whisper White, Daffodil Delight
- Etc: Paper Doilies (129399), Calypso Coral Baker’s Twine (122976), Punches: 1-3/8″ Circle (119860) and 1-3/4″ Scallop Circle (119854). Simply Scored Tool (122334) to make the rosette on front. Big Shot (113439) and Scallop Envelope Bigz Die (113462). Wide mouth jar and lid. Ribbon.
- Optional: Iridescent Ice embossing powder (101930) and heat tool (129053)
Here are some ideas if you’d like to create your own Joy Jar/Jar of Sunshine, here are a few ideas of opportunities to include inside and as coordinating gifts (and BTW, Mindi, these aren’t necessarily in your jar):
- Pay for someone’s order behind you at the drive-through restaurant (include $)
- Blow Bubbles (wrap a jar of bubbles)
- Read a book to a child
- Try a new exercise (dvd, gym trial membership or workout clothing)
- Take a flower to a friend just because
- Crank up the music and DANCE!
- Write 20 things to be happy for in a journal (wrap a new journal)
- Listen to classical music for half an hour
- Make a fruit smoothie in your blender
- Take a drive alone. Park somewhere with a view and thank God for your eyes.
- Bake cupcakes (wrap a cake mix, cute cupcake wrappers, frosting & sprinkles) and share some with a friend
- Go on a picnic
- Share your favorite scripture of JOY
- Send a card to a friend
- Take out the trash for your neighbor
- Give them a reason to practice a talent: Do they paint? Wrap a paintbrush. Play an instrument? Give some music! Craft? Give them a Paper Pumpkin* subscription 🙂 *choose me as your demonstrator!
- Plan a party for friends (Murder Mystery Dinner? Minute to Win It?)
- Pop Pocorn and watch a movie (wrap popcorn)
- Build a fort
- Forgive someone
- Clean out your purse
- Get a pedicure (gift certificate or nail polish)
Help me build this list! I know there are other great ideas out there, so share them in the comments, please!