Obviously, I love to keep hand-crafted cards to remember and inspire me, but what do I do with all the “other” cards I get at Christmas time? I re-purpose them into gift boxes!
Here is how to do it in 8 easy steps:
- Cut card in half along fold.
- Using back half of card first, fold so long edges meet in middle (important to do this step first)
- Open and fold short edges to meet in the middle.
- Open and cut edges from short edges to the first fold.
- Fold short “arms” into the inside of box.
- Fold top edges of larger tab over the short arms and tape down to inside of box. This creates the BOTTOM of the box.
- Repeat steps 1-6 for the TOP of the box using the front half of card, leaving a small space between edges when folding (this makes the top a bit bigger to fit over the bottom). Remember to keep the pretty side facing OUT when folding the box, so you can see the design!
- Fit box together, place gift inside and add ribbon!