Thanks to everyone who stopped by Saturday for either the Hostess Appreciation Breakfast or “I Spy” Catalog Reception! As promised, here is the recipe for the Overnight Apple Cinnamon French Toast served at the breakfast (from allrecipes.com with a few modifications):
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 (21 ounce) cans apple pie filling (or 1 quart jar of homemade apple pie filling + 3 apples, peeled and sliced)
- 16-20 slices white bread
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan. In a small bowl, stir together the melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Spread the sugar mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Spread the apple pie filling evenly over the sugar mixture. Layer the bread slices on top of the filling, pressing down as you go. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with the milk and vanilla. Slowly pour this mixture over the bread, making sure that it is completely absorbed. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place covered pan into the oven and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 60 to 75 minutes. When done remove from oven and turn on broiler. Remove foil and drizzle maple syrup on top of the egg topping; broil for 2-3 minutes, or until the syrup begins to caramelize. Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes, then cut into squares. Invert the pan onto a serving tray or baking sheet so the apple filling is on top. Serve hot.
This is the card we made at the Hostess Appreciation using the “Faux Diamonds” technique…can you see the glitter on the “yes, please” circle? It’s pretty fabulous in person! The stamp set is one of my new favorites from the catalog called “From My Heart” on page 139 of the new SU! catalog:
If you missed the open house, contact me to Join a Club or schedule a party and get a new catalog FREE! And just for fun, here is the link to the “I Spy Catalog Scavenger Hunt” you can print off and play as you discover creative treasures in the fabulous new Stampin’ Up! Catalog!
And congratulations to HEATHER ASH who won the Scavenger Hunt drawing and the “Bright Blossoms” stamp set!!!